Simple Stocking Stuffers

/ Tuesday, December 20, 2011 /
As far as stocking stuffers go, we usually just head to the dollar store and pick out a few fun toys and a handful (or two) of candy. But after spending so much time making their stockings this year, it feels wrong to fill them up with cheap toys. In an attempt to fill the girls stockings with ore meaningful items, I decided to make a few things.
I had a ton beads left over from a recent project. My girls LOVE jewelry so I thought a personalized bracelet was the perfect thing.



I used letter beads to spell out the girls' name. Threaded them on some twine and tied a knot between each letter.

At one end I made a small loop then spread some Gorrilla Wood Glue on the excess twine and wrapped it around. (Why wood glue? Because I was using it for a project earlier that day and it was still sitting out. You can call me lazy if you want to but this stuff is awesome and I use it for several non-wood related projects.) 



At the other end I just tied a big knot small enough to slip inside the loop but big enough that it did not slide out easily. (I also applied wood glue to the knot to keep it from coming unraveled)


That's it!!
It took about 5 minutes to make both of these and since the beads and twine were leftovers from other projects, it didn't cost me a dime. Not to mention that these will last longer than the plastic jewelry you find at the dollar store.

Did you enjoy this post?
Vote for me!





Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!


Need some last minute holiday shopping ideas?
Check out these amazing products!


183712_392x72 NavBarBanner





506521_winter_728x90_tights





344924_Gold SheepSkin Pumps at $44.99 210766_Get Great Toys at Unbeatable Prices at FunToyMall.com First One's on Us - IMEMFIRST 396868_Shop 2b for Affordable, Fun & Flirty Fashion 24/7

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 Home Sweet Home, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger