Cheap Entertainment for Younger Kids

/ Thursday, November 17, 2011 /
Look what I found at walmart for around $6.



With two girls who love beads I knew this would provide lots of entertainment. 
I spread the beads out on a large cookie sheet so the girls could easily pick an choose which beads they wanted (and for easy clean up).
I doubled the tread up for strength (because I know they will get yanked on).
Tied a bead onto one end so the other beads wouldn't slip off then wrapped the other end with painters tape. 



That way even these tinny little hands could easily slip beads on to the thread.



Both girls had a blast digging through all of the beads. 
It's nice to find a project that 
1. My girls actually enjoy
2. They can to all on their own.
3. There is vary little clean up.



Once the threads were filled to the max with beads, we tied the ens together and Voila


The best part is... There are still plenty of beads left over for about a dozen more necklaces!!


On another note...
Anyone want to guess what I'm going to do with these?



Hopefully I'll have this project finished and posted in the next week or two. 
I'm just waiting on some nails.
Can you believe I have been to Home Depot 3 times in the last 2 weeks and all 3 times I forgot to buy nails!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 Home Sweet Home, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger