Toddler Busy Book Page

/ Tuesday, April 10, 2012 /
Summer is coming and we are planning a little vacation to visit my husbands family. As excited as I am to see them again, I am not excited about the 14 hour drive with two young kids. I have been trying to come up with a few ideas to keep the girls entertained during our LONG road trip.
One idea that I found was a busy book. However, a lot of the examples I have found on line have removable pieces. During a 14 hour car ride the last thing I want to listen to is a screaming toddler because she lost a piece. Nor do I want pick up a bunch on little pieces from the floor boards or go digging between the seats every time we stop. So I am trying to come up with ideas that require NO loose pieces.
Although it is very slow going, I wanted to show you one of the pages that I have completed.

I cut a few squares from felt then cut a small slit in the center of each.  I attached the felt pieces to the top of the page using ribbon.  I then attached a thicker piece of ribbon to the side of the page and attached a button to the end.
Serenity has not yet mastered the art of buttoning (but she tries really hard) so I am hoping that the large button and large pieces of felt will be easier than her clothes.


 Did you enjoy this post?
Vote for me!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 Home Sweet Home, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger