Bloggy Olympics

/ Saturday, May 19, 2012 /

Guess what?  

The 2012 Summer Olympics are coming soon and we so excited! 
To help get in the spirit of the Olympics and to add a bloggy spin of our own we will be hosting a
6 week Bloggy Olympics!

There will be 18 different blogs participating over 6 weeks and 6 events from June 9th- July 21st. Each week 3 blogs will share a simple tutorial that you can copy or will get you thinking about that event’s theme. At the end of the week they will host a 3 blog linky party for you to link up your finished event projects. And of course there will be features, giveaways, and fun Olympic stuff!
The Opening Ceremony begins Thursday, June 7th and runs until Friday, June 8th at midnight. 

Come link up your blog if you are planning on joining in an event for the “Bloggy Olympics”. Our Olympic event schedule is: 
  • Event 1 - Decorating 
  •  Event 2 - Kitchen  
  • Event 3 - Paint  
  • Event 4 - Crafts  
  • Event 5 - Fabric 
  • Event 6 - Outdoors 
Join 1 event or plan on joining all! 
See you at the  Olympics!

 Today, I am so excited to be celebrating the "Passing of the Torch".
To start off I would like to share a quick bio of myself.


Birth Date: Spring (Hint: Every few years I my birthday lands on Easter Sunday)
Birthplace: A town known for its giant arches
Hometown: Many residents (past & present) call it "The Mucc"
Residence: Somewhere, AZ
Height: Short
Olympics: 2012
Event: FABRIC!!

• Who is your biggest fan? 
I think that may be my mom! I know that she checks my blog often and is always commenting on the projects I make. THANK YOU MOM!!
• How do you think people will remember you? 
As that girl who was the BEST at EVERYTHING!! Ha ha! I wish. I don't really know how people will remember me.
• What do you do in your spare time that isn’t blogging?
I love to knit, crochet, and garden in my spare time. I also go on a lot of fun adventures with my girls. Last week we went on a dragon hunt!!
• What are you really bad at that you would love to be good at? 
Cooking!! I am a terrible cook.
• What are the main lessons you’ve learned in life? 
Life is short and kids grow up way too fast!!
• What is your greatest challenge in this event?  
Trying to decided which project to feature. I am working on a few projects right now and I keep changing my mind as too which one I want to show you all. The project that I have currently decided on (which may change before my event starts) will be a decorative item for the girls room made from some amazing vintage material that my grandmother gave me.
• What tips do you give to a beginner starting out in this event?
Don't spend too much time thinking about a project. The more you think about it, the harder the project will seem and the less likely you will be to do it.


I chose to participate in the fabric event because I absolutely love sewing. Whether it is hand sewing or sewing with a machine, I find it to be very relaxing. Not to mention that fabric comes in a gazillion different amazingly beautiful patterns. I could seriously spend all day at a fabric store!!!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 Home Sweet Home, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger