Are You Pinning Yet?

/ Thursday, March 29, 2012 /



I am sure that you have all heard of pinterest by now, but are you aware of the business benefits associated with it?

The other day a fellow blogger received a comment from one of her fans, asking if she was on pinterest? The blogger kindly apologized, stating that no, she was not on pinterest. She went on to explain that she was trying to stay focused on her building her blog and viewed pinterest as a time waster.

This came as a huge shock to me. This lady has no clue what she is missing out on. Then I began to wonder how many others are missing out on this as well. I do realize that pinterest is not for everyone, however, if you run any kind of business at all pinterest could be your best friend.

If it were not for pinterest, I would not be were I am today. Pinterest is my main traffic source and if you don't know already, the more traffic you get... the more money you make. The money I recive from this blog is what allows me to stay home with my children and make a living doing what I love. I may not make quite as much as my husband, however, we are able to pay most (and some months ALL) of our bills with my pay check alone. You may think I am exaggerating here so let me throw in some facts.

In November I celebrated my 1 year bloggiversary. From July to October of 2012 my page views had been steadily increasing by about 2000 views a month. October I had reached just over 16,000. Then November came along and I was blown away by the traffic I was receiving. My page views for November had more than doubled, reaching a total of 38, 854. in November alone. In Januray my monthly page views reached half a million. Then February came and went and I reached a whopping 1.9 million. Yes, these are my monthly page views! Want proof?



My all time page views are now over 4 million. So what is the reason for all of this traffic? PINTEREST!!! Just check out my top 'all time' referring sites!



In the begining most of the traffic I was receiving from pinterest was directed towards one post. By studying that post (i.e. who was repining it, what were people saying about it, ect.. )  I was able to create other posts tailored to fit my readers, allowing my traffic to grow even more and direct traffic to a number of posts instead of just one.


Have I convinced you to start pinning yet?
Stay tuned to find out how to create pin worthy posts.

 Did you enjoy this post?
Don't forget to VOTE for me!!


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!


Get paid to blog!!
Set Your Price. Choose your Advertisers. Sign up for SocialSpark!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Copyright © 2010 Home Sweet Home, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger