Simple Homemade Sore Throat Remedy

/ Friday, March 16, 2012 /



Although I am not against giving my children medicine or taking medicine myself, I always like to view all of my options first. If I can find a cure that is safer than over the counter drugs, you can bet I'll try it.
Last week my oldest woke up complaining about her throat hurting. I did some research online and found a lot of home remedies that claimed to work. Many of them included one or two of the following.
  1. green tea
  2. lemon juice
  3. honey
  4. apple cider vinegar
I decided to make my own concoction using all of these ingredients. Starting with a cup of decaffeinated green tea I added a spoonful of honey, a small splash of lemon juice and a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. My daughter loved this stuff and actually ended up drinking 3 cups of it throughout the day. The next morning she woke up and told me her throat no longer hurt. It was a couple days later that I awoke with a sore throat. I made the same drink for myself (I believe I had 2 or 3 cups that day) and the next morning I had no trace of being sick.

*Notes
  1. Be sure to use decaffeinated tea for children. You could also skip the tea altogether and add the rest of the ingredients to warm water. 
  2. This has a very odd taste that may not be for everyone. Although my oldest loved it, my youngest would not touch the stuff. You may want to mix the first 3 ingredients together and then slowly add the apple cider vinegar to your desired taste. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Copyright © 2010 Home Sweet Home, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger