Fun Jewelry Organizer

/ Tuesday, March 13, 2012 /
Jocelyn is such a girly-girl. At 4 years old she has more jewelry than I do. I've been looking for a way to organize all of her necklaces

Maybe its because I'm ready for spring, or the fact that I live in Arizona where the color green is hard to come by. But I wanted to incorporate some grass into the bathroom.

Here is what I came up with




Luckily we have a lot of branches laying around our yard and I was able to find one that would work. I painted the branch white to make it stand out against the green grass and colorful jewelry. 
I started out by drilling a large hole in the bottom, center of a tuna can and a few smaller holes around it for drainage. I then took a larger can and filled it with just enough rocks  so that when the tuns can was placed inside it sat about 1/4 of an inch below the rim of the larger can.
I then placed the stick through the larger hole in the tuna can and worked it through the rocks until it was able to stand up on its own. Hopefully this picture can explain it a little better.





 After the tuna can was full of dirt I covered the top with barley seeds.





I then placed a wet paper towel over the top. I cut a slit in the paper towel so that I could wrap it around the branch.


After 3 days it looked like this.


 After a few more days (and a nice hair cut) it looked like this.


I'm trying to decide if I like the raw metal look of the can or if I should cover it in some decorative paper. Whats your opinion?

 Did you enjoy this post?
Vote for me!



Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!
 
Do you have a crafty or creative tip, trick or tutorial you would like to share with DIY Home Sweet Home readers? Fill out the 'Get Featured' form to submit your ideas. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Copyright © 2010 Home Sweet Home, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger