Eye Candy from PGI Precious Platinum

/ Wednesday, March 28, 2012 /

This post brought to you by Platinum Guild International USA. All opinions are 100% mine.

I have a confession to make... I don't wear my wedding ring!

I am horrible, I know.

Truth is that my fingers do funny things when the weather changes. They like to swell and shrink depending on the weather. Living in a colder climate, my ring fit perfectly. Then we made the move to hot and sunny Arizona. My fingers seemed to shrink an entire ring size! Although my husband and I talked about getting it resized, we were not sure if we would be staying in AZ. What happened if we moved back to a colder climate? We decided to put it off. I planned on buying some ring snuggies but never got around to it. Sometime during one of the several moves that we made over the past year and a half, my ring was misplaced. 

I recently learned that for the first time in recent history, the price of gold per ounce has risen higher than that of platinum. That means that platinum is more affordable than ever. So if you are in the market for a new wedding ring, platinum is definitely the way to go.


I found some amazing eye candy at precious platinum.

Fun Facts:

  • White gold jewelry needs to be re-dipped about once or twice each year to retain its white color. Platinum, on the other hand, is a naturally white metal, meaning it will never fade or change color, or need to be dipped or re-plated.
  • Platinum’s pure color means that it won't cast any color onto the diamonds or colored gemstones it holds, allowing the stones to shine brighter than in any other setting.
  • Platinum is the densest precious metal making it the securest setting for a diamond. This ensures the stone will stay tightly held for a lifetime. How horrible would it be to loose the diamond out of your ring?
  • Keeping the groom in mind... Platinum loses little metal to scratching or everyday wear; instead the metal is simply displaced on the ring’s surface, causing the ring surface to strengthen through work hardening. I don't know about you, but my husband's ring definitely goes through a lot of wear and tear on a daily basis.

Visit Sponsor's Site

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Copyright © 2010 Home Sweet Home, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger