Baggy hubby sweater turned chic.

/ Wednesday, January 4, 2012 /
This sweater was purchased a few years back for my hubby. Unfortunately he only wore it a few times before I accidentally tossed it in the dryer and shrunk it.
Oooops!!!
 I liked the pattern and it was very warm so I kept the sweater for myself. 
However, since it was super baggy, I didn't wear it that often. 
After my post on DIY Wardrobe I became inspired to make some of my own clothing.
I decided to start with the shrunken sweater.
Here is the sweater before



And here is what it looks like now


This was the easiest thing ever. I cut the sides off leaving about an inch extra on each side (just encase it was too tight and I needed to re-sew it.) I then put the sleeves on and pulled them up to were I wanted them and marked them with a washable white crayon. Again I cut them a little longer so that I had room to work with, then sewed them to the sweater. I also took in the seam on the arm about an inch so they were not as baggy. After I tried it on and decided it fit well I cut off all the excess fabric and voila... one new addition to my wardrobe.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 Home Sweet Home, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger