Reader Space - {KISS How To} Coffee Cozie

/ Thursday, January 19, 2012 /

Today's reader space comes from 


{The following is in the readers own words}

Keepin’ It Super Simple!
My kids are notorious for leaving a trail of half filled glasses all around the house.  So, to help solve this problem I am creating a few cozies for them to use.  My plan is for them to use one glass all day!  Plus, my scrap basket is jam-packed and needs to be cleaned out!

This project is for sewers of with basic skills.
Skill Level- 1 Button
Materials:
  • fabric
  • batting  (side note- I used a piece of fleece, remember clean out time!)
  • hair pony
  • button
Basic Instructions:
Since these posts are all about “Keepin’ it Super Simple”, I am not going to reinvent the wheel and create a new pattern.   House On Hill Road blog has this easy to follow pattern.  Click here for the direct link.
  1. To be fair, I wanted more room to “play” and get creative on my cozie.  So, I increased the height by 1/4″.  Then I outlined my pattern direct onto the face of my fabric.  This is now my “canvas”.
  2. I wanted to create a fun abstract figure.  So, after a quick sketch,  I began cutting and layering everything up until I was happy with the outlook.
  3. Then over to the machine to stitch everything in place with a straight stitch.  This is where you should have fun!  Consider using contrast thread or even a decorative stitch.
  4. Then return back to the directions from House On Hill Road and you are all set.
How cute are they!
**Need a gift- no problem!  Add a few boxes of flavored tea and you have a super simple yet personalized gift!
Remember, Keep It Super Simple!!

Check out THIS post and many more at The Sewing Loft

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 Home Sweet Home, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger