Changes

/ Thursday, February 23, 2012 /
I'm sure you have noticed that DIY Home Sweet Home has been under some major renovations.
I've been meaning to make some changes for a while now. However, being the DIY gal that I am, I just couldn't justify paying someone else to do it. After a lot of googling (and a little luck) I managed to come up with something I am pretty happy with. Some of these changes include;


  • A fancy customized header - Now you can search by category using the link at the top of the header. This will enable you to read the posts you enjoy and can bypass everything else. Want some good cleaning tips but could care less about kid or food related posts? Just click on the organizing and cleaning tab to view all organizing and cleaning related posts. ( I'm still working on updating this so a few of the older posts may not show up.)
  • A Favicon - That tiny, little image that pops up next to the page URL and next to the name in the tab. I replaced the ugly blogger favicon with a cute little 'DIY' one.
  • Welcome block and a photo of ME!! - Yay, now you all can see my pretty little face every time you visit. Also, be sure to check out my new 'About Me' page if you haven't done so already.
  • A search bar - Search for anything on this blog


  • A TON of fun ways to stay connected - You can find all of these links in the left sidebar. Check out my favorite, the DIY Home Sweet Home 'Community', where you can all start your own conversations, ask questions, or share YOUR fantastic tips and tutorials. You can also post any questions you have on the DIY Home Sweet Home Facebook page. Go ahead and promote yourself on the community or facebook page, I don't mind (as long as it's family friendly and somewhat relevant to the this blog). My Pinterest Boards are FULL of DIY projects, organizing tips, and a ton of other inspiring ideas.   I'm still trying to figure out Linked in and Linky Friends so please be patient with me.
  • New background - Still not sure if I like it. It seems a little to busy. What do you think?

  • New buttons - The old buttons didn't match the new theme so of course I had to change them too. 
What do you think? I hope you all enjoy it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 Home Sweet Home, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger