Firewood-Picker-Upper-Thing (no-sew)

/ Tuesday, February 28, 2012 /
Our fire place is the main source of heat in our home. I LOVE it! It keeps our house so warm and toasty, and there is nothing better than starting your day off by enjoying a hot cup of coffee it front of the fire. Or curling up it front of it with the kiddos and a warm cup of hot chocolate before bed.
However, as much as I love our fireplace, there are a few things that I do not like about it. One of those things is the wood. Usually hubby is in charge of gathering the logs from out side and bringing them in. However, Hubby works long hours and I often run out of wood while he is at work (not to mention the fact that after a long 12+ hour shift, the last thing Hubby wants to do is go out in the freezing cold to get some wood)  leaving me with the option to get the wood for myself or freeze to death. Obviously I choose to get the wood myself but, I have short arms and can only carry in a couple logs at a time. This means I have to make several trips in order to get enough logs to last until hubby gets home. A few weeks ago while browsing through Home Depot I spotted an amazing thing. It was a large strip of fabric with two handles, one on each end, used to gather wood. You lay the fabric strip on the ground, pile your logs on top of it, then grab the handles and haul the wood in side. No more scratched up arms. No more trying to balance all the wood one one arm so I can open the door. It was perfect! But there was one problem... It came with a large cast iron log holder and the thing cost $30. I didn't really need the log holder and wasn't about to pay $30 for a strip of fabric. So this is what I came up with.



I took an old fabric shopping bag



Cut off the sides



and VOILA....


It took me about 30 seconds to make and cost $0!! 

 Don't forget to VOTE for me


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 Home Sweet Home, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger