Laundry/Mudroom in the Making

/ Wednesday, February 8, 2012 /
Our back door is our primary means of entry. Even when we have company over about 50% of the time we take them through the garage and to the back door. The first thing you see when you walk through the back door is this...



The top of the washer and dryer are a dumping ground for just about everything. I decided to do a little mini makeover. I took everything out that did not belong in the laundry room. I hid the rest of the 'junk' inside some wooden crates that I picked up at a yard sale. This only used up two crates, leaving me an empty one so I decided to take the cleaners out from under the kitchen sink and store here as well. I then used shower curtain rings to hang up the mop, broom, and duster and I stuck the dryer sheets in a petty glass vase. Here is what my laundry room looks like now.



I love that the crates hide a bunch of clutter, and hanging the mop and broom up is a lot more convenient. When I'm done mopping I can just hang it up and slide my mop bucket underneath it to catch any drips. I must admit, it does look a lot better but I'm not done. Here are a couple ideas I have for the future of this room.

The middle crate it full of our rags. With a new puppy who is finally starting to get the point of house training and two messy kids, including a two year old in potty training, I use those rags a lot. However I'm short and they are hard to reach. I usually end up sliding the crate forward then pulling it down. When I do this, the wire shelf scraps the bottom of the crate creating a shower of tiny wood pieces resulting in a huge mess. I plan on stacking the crates on their side, adding some wheels and sliding them in next to the dryer (I'll figure out another place for the trash can). Even though they look nice and hide a lot of clutter, the crates just are not working on the shelf.

I would also like a place to put our shoes when we come inside but since there really is no place for shoe storage on the floor I think something like this may be doable.


These lemonade carafes would be perfect for storing my homemade laundry detergent and fabric softener in.

I usually hang clothes that need to dry on the bottom shelf but there really isn't that much space between the bars for hanging shirts or wider clothes without folding them. If I use hangers to hang them up then they bunch up at the bottom. This fold up clothes drying rack would be perfect for hanging clothes as well as providing some extra storage.

Did you enjoy this post?
Vote for me!



Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!


Check out these amazing products!
183712_392x72 NavBarBanner


344924_Gold SheepSkin Pumps at $44.99 210766_Get Great Toys at Unbeatable Prices at FunToyMall.com First One's on Us - IMEMFIRST 396868_Shop 2b for Affordable, Fun & Flirty Fashion 24/7

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 Home Sweet Home, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger